The victory of Barcelona in the final of the Spanish Supercup continues to make talk. Since if Real Madrid was expected to the appointment, the men of Carlo Ancelotti did not respond in a match that was marked by 5 great events.
1. Barça’s 55% possession: In this final, which looked like a one-way game, Barcelona had the control and possession in an overwhelming way. However, statistics show that Madrid had the ball 45% of the time, although they did not give that impression. Since the rondo, in the form of a bath, has been remembered for years. In addition, in the defeat (3-1) at the Bernabeu, Barca had more ball (57%) than in Riyadh. Incredible.
2. The first argument between the Real Madrid players: From the start of the game already, some were already distracted. Since they had prepared a movement for the kickoff, but Militao did not remember it, which made Modric, Benzema and Carvajal criticized him for getting restless. A good omen for Barça three seconds into the game.
3. Barça’s first foul in the match: In a final, in a Clasico, with Gavi and Araujo on the field, Barça did not need to commit any fouls until the 26th minute, something very rare in front of a club carried by very fast players. That is to say that they had total control in the match.
4. Gavi’s feat in the 41st minute of the game: spurred on by his goal, the 18-year-old midfielder MVP of the game even beat Militao with a header in the 41st. A 1.73-meter player towering over a 1.86-meter tower, something very amazing. And as if that wasn’t enough, in the same move, he also beat Benzema. Incredible, if it were not that soccer is a state of mind.
5. The score when Ter Stegen touched the first ball: The German keeper ended up making 5 saves and conceding a goal, but until 3-0, Real Madrid had not hit the target once. Then Barça relaxed and they went for the goal in extra time. Incredible… and funny at the same time.